Friday, October 24, 2008

A love/hate kinda day...

Joe, darn you anyways. I love having someone who appreciates food in the building, though - makes my day that much more pleasant!

You see, Joe made me go to the Cheese Brothel today. Like, stuck a gun to my head kinda made me. Ok, that might be exagerating a bit. But, I did pick up an old favorite (Crandale) and something new (White Stilton with Lemon Zest). Well, it was actually an accident - I had meant to pick up the Stilton with Pear and Apple, but, well, I grabbed the wrong one. A very nice, mild cheese with just the slightest hint of lemon. Well, maybe more than a hint. Yes, more than a hint. But, I could see this with blueberry scones. And a very nice cup of black tea. Definitely tea. As far as wine, I'd pair it with something equally fruity. Beer? Definitely a summery Hefeweizen. Or... stuffed into a chicken breast into a take-off on a picata.

All courtesy of Long Clawson Dairy. Fate, I believe. You see, I live in Clawson....

No comments: