Monday, December 15, 2008

Officially booked

Sometime during the day today I booked my ticket for spring break. If Zingerman's presents me with a religious experience of cheeses, the Neal's Yard Dairy in London is the Vatican to me. Others may say Italian, or Swiss, or French cheeses own their hearts. But, to cross religious lines briefly, Neal's Yard is my Mecca. It is the place that Zingerman's sends their cheese guy, John, to work and learn. So, I will be winging my east this spring, over the pond to the land of cheeses that I so dearly love. I will be basking in the soft white glow off the rounds of brie, the golden hues of the cheddars. Then, a short jump over the Irish Sea to Ireland, land of Dubliner, Cahill Farm Cheddar and Cashel Blue. With these cheeses, a pint of Guinness and a plate of Galway Bay oysters to look forward to, does life get any better?

No comments: